This chicken piccata 5 ingredient recipe is an easy one the entire family will love. Serv with a side of rice and your favorite veggies and you have a well-balanced plate.
Chicken Piccata (5 ingredient recipe)
- 1 lb. (450g) chicken breast 3.5 oz. (100g) butter
- 1⁄4 cup (50g) capers, drained 3 lemons, zested, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup (30g) parsley, chopped salt & pepper
What You Need To Do
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film. Use a meat mallet, or rolling pin, to gently pound the chicken until it is approximately 1.5cm thick. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1⁄4 of the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the butter melts and turns a golden brown color.
- Add the capers to the butter and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and half the lemon zest, and mix through. Now place the chicken and any juices back in the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley and remaining lemon zest.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Calories: 328
- Protein: 26g
- Carbs: 4g
- Fats: 23g
In the mood for something else? I gotchu…
Need a workout instead? No problem.
- Resistance band workout plan
- Bodyweight workout plan
- Adjustable dumbbell workout plan
- Kettlebell workout plan