Alright, I’m going on a limb right here and declaring that wild caught salmon is hands down my favorite protein source in the history of the Universe.
Yes. You read me right. The history of the UNIVERSE.
I’m talking healthy fats from omega-3’s. I’m saying high protein to help with satiation and repairing muscles after a hard workout.
If you’re tired of chicken then todays recipe is for you.
How to make Glazed Salmon with Chives and Mango-Peach Salsa. It just sounds good doesn’t it?
- 2-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 medium peaches or nectarines, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Lime juice, to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 ̊ F. Spray a baking dish with oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, raw honey and mustard. Add salmon, season to taste and toss gently.
- Transfer salmon to the prepared baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked and flakes easily with a fork. Brush with any remaining glaze after 5-6 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine all salsa ingredients and season to taste.
- Top salmon with salsa and serve.
P.S.: One of the healthy habits you that is practiced in the L365 Fitness Program is including protein with every meal. Learn tips and tricks for achieving that bu joining hundreds of others that are changing their bodies and their life with the L365 Fitness Program.