I received an email the other day that said this.
“Yo Justin! I love pasta. I really am trying hard to drop some body fat but I’m having a hard time giving it up as I go Paleo. What can I do?”
Well, I’ve got a recipe for you guys to try. You’re going to get a great dish that includes a lot of real food. It makes a great dinner with the family, simply add your favorite protein on top (I like jumbo shrimp or wild caught salmon with this one).
For those of you following the Limitless365 Fitness Program, it’s “All Day Plate” friendly.
Alright, alright. Enough with the banter. On with the recipes. How to make zucchini pasta! YUM YUM GIMME SOME!
- 4 zucchini
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for an hour
- ½ cup mixed fresh herbs, such as dill, parley or basil
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cashews, coarsely ground
- Slice zucchini and slice into thin strips, using a spiralizer or a mandolin; drizzle with lime juice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (if using) and stir. Add zucchini and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Set aside.
- Place all pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, adding a splash of water of too thick. Season to taste.
- Pour pesto sauce over zucchini and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with cashews and serve.
- Nutrition facts per serving: (300 g)
- | calories 313 | total carbs 23g | protein 8g | total fat 24g | cholesterol 0mg | sodium 99mg |
P.S.: Want more recipe goodness like this one. Check out the Limitless365 Fitness Program. In there you’ll discover ways to turn some of your favorite meals into healthier alternatives.