Who doesn’t need more chow mein in their life? This quick beef chow mein recipe is super healthy, high in protein, and crazy delicious. It’s a meal the entire family will love and supports your health and fitness needs.
Quick Beef Chow Mein
What You Need To Do
- Prepare the noodles according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a large frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for about a minute. Add the beef and cook for another 2 minutes. Next, add the leeks, pepper and mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles, season with pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Pour in the soy sauce and water, then stir and fry for another 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide onto serving dishes and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- 5.5 oz. (160g) egg noodles 7 oz. (200g) beef tenderloin 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 leek, sliced (mostly white parts)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- a pinch of ground white pepper
- a pinch of sugar
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce + 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. spring onions, chopped
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Kcal: 325
- Fats(g): 10
- Protein(g): 28
In the mood for something else? I gotcha…
- Slow-cooked chicken fajita
- Strawberry protein smoothie bowl
- Mushroom and brie omelet
- Chicken piccata
- Mexican stuffed peppers
Need a workout instead? No problem.